Thursday, December 14, 2006

Friends



I have promised numerous times to put on a blog for sharing our thoughts. Now here it goes.

Before I moved to New Haven, a friend predicted my new life: working like crazy in the gym and knitting one sweater after another so before long I would have bulging biceps and lots of nice sweaters to wear. I wish living in isolation from a bunch of good friends could be as funny as that. But the truth is I am never far from the stress of being a graduate student though I should be the last one to say so.

The above picture was taken on a trip to Monterey. It always has a calming effect on me. When I was weighed down by the dark thoughts common to us, I would let myself go sit on the bench, then, stand up and start wandering by the ocean. Sounds cheesey, but it works:)

4 comments:

Starsfading said...

Nice! soooo great to see you this way! and i'm proud to be the first to leave comment here! waiting for more...

Anonymous said...

Hey Meng,
Missing you so much--missing writing with you and talking about writing. But thank you for putting this space up for us to meet virtually. I have a blog too, though it's in Spanish up to now. I started it in Argentina with a similar purpose, then abandoned it when I came back. Let's see if I have the guts to get back to it.
In the meantime, keep posting, and I'll return often.
with a bow,
f

Anonymous said...

I remember the beautiful seashore in the picture. I have been there. As seeing an old couple sitting peacefully on the rock looking into the horizon, I cannot reflecting what my life would be when I am as old as them. Sadly, that age does seem far...
ez

Unknown said...

Ok, i'm not ignoring your blog anymore. I didn't even know it existed; I thought you finally got a blogger account because my admonishment had worn thin on you.